Roof Maintenance Budgeting
Below are estimates of what it cost to maintain and repair a commercial roof. Please keep in mind that these are not our cost, but the cost of roof ownership and are for budget purposes only.
Estimate and associate cost information:
- Tear off & install new roof – $10.00/ $12.50 per sq. foot
- New Construction – $8.00/ $12.50 per sq. foot
- Recover system – $5.00/ $8.00 per sq. foot
- Wood deck replacement – $2.50 per sq. foot
- Steel deck replacement – $5.00 per sq. foot
- Maintain/startup cost of data base (maintenance & warranty service) – $.02 per sq. foot
– Acquisition of software
– Acquisition of hardware
– Operator & inspection training
– Acquisition of the initial detail data base
– Establishment of an emergency plan from potential weather event
What does a simple roof leak cost?
(one sq foot = 12″ x 12″)
- Leak Repair – $750.00
- Interior Damage – $500.00
- Total Cost – $1250.00
- Waisted energy per sq/ft/yr $1.08
What does it cost per year to not maintain the roof system?
- $.07 per sq/ft/yr – RSI Magazine (2004)
- $.10- .15 per sq/ft/yr – D Firman PE USAF (RSI Magazine 2004)
What is the budget cost for preventative maintenance?
- $.03 per sq/ft/yr – reasonable
- $.04 per sq/ft/yr – moderate
- $.05 per sq/ft/yr – aggressive
- $.25 per sq/ft/yr – extreme restoration